No announcement yet.

help frst evaluate new computer parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i actually settled for a new evga nforce 680i board, with SLI x16 (compared to crossfire's x8).

and im getting a geforce 8800 gts because its dx10 compatable. its about the same price as an x1950 xtx and beats it in 90% of all benchmarks.

Originally posted by rogerwilco View Post
    as for graphics card, go for ati, - i know alot of you now think "omg stupid F***", but i got me a x1900xtx, and it delivers what u want, if u want that extra speed go for the x1950xtx, and if u really wants to go overboard go for the crossfore solution, i know ati has similar product, i just like the features and picture qualite alot more then the nvidia junk.

Comment

Originally posted by frstkor13 View Post
      i actually settled for a new evga nforce 680i board, with SLI x16 (compared to crossfire's x8).

and im getting a geforce 8800 gts because its dx10 compatable. its about the same price as an x1950 xtx and beats it in 90% of all benchmarks.
      LOL --- What I did (just)! I got a Asus P5N32-E which is 680i SLI and a E6600 (2.4 Ghz). The added two 8800 GTS (GTX a bit more cash) and 2 Gig Ram. The monster shiped on monday... hope to get it on the weekend - Merry fecking xmass! Muhahahahaha

(for the record - I think both nvidia and ati make good cards - but I prefer nvidia's drivers - esp for high end graphics apps such as maya - which matters to me)
      To live is to game - in some way

Comment

I got a 6600 and the Intel badaxe mobo a few months back and it rocks the chip over clocks so easly i am running mine at 3.1ghz and have been since i got it.

Oh and frst check your pm's

Comment

Buy a g15 keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by fitz View Post
            Buy a g15 keyboard
            Bought a g15 and a g7 mouse with the new monster. Preying it comes on the weekend!
            To live is to game - in some way

Comment

wtf I got a copied version of windows XP on SP2 with all updates, the only problem i have every now and then is to run a little program that disables "your version of windows my not be valid" after each update ! I can send you that if you want

Comment

the parts were ordered last night and should be here friday. This means i shall be back to playing eve and coh by saturday. the setup is as follows:

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB Serial ATA II 7200RPM Hard Drive w/16MB Buffer ***Free Shipping*** 1 $72.50

LG GSA-H22NK 18X Dual Layer DVD±RW Drive (Black) ***Free Shipping*** 1 $37.99

Gigabyte GZ-FA1CA-ASB 3D Aurora 570 Aluminum Full Tower Case w/Multi-functional Window (Black) Retail ***Free Shipping*** 1 $149.99

EVGA 122-CK-NF68 nForce 680i SLI Socket 775 1333MHz DDR2 - 1000 Extreme Overclocking Motherboard Retail ***Free Shipping*** 1 $249.99

Antec TruePower TRIO 650 650W Power Supply Retail ***Free Shipping*** 1 $124.95

EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card w/Dual-DVI, HDTV-Out Retail ***Free Shipping*** 1 $399.99

Intel® Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe Processor 2.4GHz, 1066FSB, LGA775, 4MB Cache Retail ***Free Shipping*** 1 $315.50

Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4D 2GB DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Dominator Series Memory Retail ***Free Shipping*** 1 $289.00
                I'm thinking that sometime soon I shall add another 8800 gts and sli the bitches.

DEAR JESUS GOD I AM SO HAPPY. ALL I DID FOR THE PAST MONTH WAS BE DEPRESSED, GO HOME FROM WORK AND WATCH CSI, THEN FALL ASLEEP REALLY EARLY. KTHX

Comment

Mate all looks cushty except i've never heard of the mobo.

I'm sure it's all good.

Comment

Paying for XP is stupid mmkay

"If youve got access to Coupo feel free to use him."

Comment

IT LIVES K

Comment

Working...
                      X