Best Homeworld forum memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops.

i noticed that google cached the old team-freelance front page and i wanted to record these beautiful quotes before they were lost forever.

i decided this was a decent thread to paste into.

who gives a fvck what oldschoolers, who were FL or ppl who sucked FLs dick, say.. They have always been and always will be assholes. Thats why I hate FL. GG
    - DarkKnight, 2003

You guys got that far into meticulously micromanaging every detail of the game, believing that the only way to have fun in HW was to win every game. FL apparently refused to believe there was any other way to play the game... to the point of creating an offensive animated .gif banner for use in the HW Top 100 and a couple other places suggesting that players interested in map-making, screenshots, MOD'ing the game, background making, or fan fiction were all a bunch of pansy assed ninny losers.
    - DP Ghent, 2003

There is one member of the FL who misguides the others... the worse, most offensive, chronically pathetic personality I've ever had the displeasure to meet online. If that viscious punk returns, I'll delete this URL for the rest of my life. FL have their own forums. A long time ago I read them.. And it was really awful. An unfriendly place. Full of hate and loathing for anyone and everyone who exposed them and their false ideas.
    - ProtoNuclear, 2002

He really takes the fun out of this game, kinda like seeing the Fucken Losers come into the lobby and preach their shit about how "superior" they are. Everyone knows who the Freelance are but can everyone honestly have something good to say about them? God bless you Frst and all your cavalcade of Stars. You and your friends have brought me many hours of entertainment for the price of a bus ticket. In the name of the Frst, the Molle and the holy reki, go in peace my friends.
    -RedStar, 2001

sweet.

Comment

flamewar goldmine: http://p207.ezboard.com/fdarkangelba...icID=920.topic and http://p207.ezboard.com/fdarkangelba...art=21&stop=30

Comment

stop being all emo and play a game with us. or something.

EMO!

Comment

kill him kurenin

Comment

Classic

When I thinki of forum fun I think RedStar generated half of it. This is a paste from IRC that Kal posted I think on the BM forums:

Session Start: Sun Oct 01 20:20:07 2000
            [20:20] Session Ident: ByzantiuM (cosmos@vw-3863.optushome.com.au)
            [20:20] [ByzantiuM] can relay a message to savage?
            [20:20] [Kalessin] if i see him
            [20:20] [Kalessin] what's up?
            [20:21] [ByzantiuM] i have sent him an email ...im redstar...i want BM to take me in ...im in top ten and want a strong representation in HW
            [20:21] [Kalessin] what do you mean a strong representation?
            [20:22] [ByzantiuM] reaper told me BM were looking at me want to know if they are still interested or should i forget about it?
            [20:22] [Kalessin] well that's not the problem
            [20:22] [Kalessin] i'm just not sure what you mean by the "representation"
            [20:24] [ByzantiuM] i want to use this name as my permanent name...and i want to end redstar...i have taken a big risk showing you who i am....im a 15 straight win kill on the ladder and i consider myself to be the best swarmer in HW
            [20:25] [ByzantiuM] i respect your privacy please do the same for me and dont reveal who Byz is to anyone
            [20:25] [Kalessin] yah that's fine
            [20:25] [ByzantiuM] thank you
            [20:25] [Kalessin] well i'll speak to RIP and Sav
            [20:26] [Kalessin] so what about the earlier comments about us, lol
            [20:26] [ByzantiuM] i was against Reaper going public...he emailed and told me...Reaper was the one who trained me to play like i do...and i want more
            [20:27] [Kalessin] well that is a bold statement
            [20:27] [Kalessin] that you are the best swarmer in HW
            [20:27] [ByzantiuM] i was pissed about something else with a member of your clan...
            [20:27] [Kalessin] ?
            [20:27] [Kalessin] what else?
            [20:28] [ByzantiuM] well action says more than words...i did make a promise that i would become the best and i have defeated D-Gem...Fornax and Frisky if he will ever play me on a ladder
            [20:29] [Kalessin] but the strongest swarmers are no longer on ladder
            [20:29] [Kalessin] AFAIK
            [20:29] [Kalessin] please correct me if i'm wrong
            [20:30] [ByzantiuM] yes u are correst...but i have played NEO and you, if you are Raven or is it Farand beyound?
            [20:31] [Kalessin] i am Raven, yes
            [20:31] [Kalessin] i don't recall playing you in ladder though
            [20:31] [ByzantiuM] i hope u all come back to the ladder so we can dominate it
            [20:31] [Kalessin] look, red, that isn't what BM is about
            [20:31] [ByzantiuM] no we have not played a ladder because i was not on ladder at the time
            [20:31] [Kalessin] ah
            [20:32] [Kalessin] we have all dominated the ladder already
            [20:32] [Kalessin] in the past
            [20:32] [ByzantiuM] the only reson i came on to ladder was that i did not like the "arm chair tactician" so i decided to do something about it
            [20:32] [Kalessin] it isn't really that important anymore, we're about hanging out
            [20:33] [ByzantiuM] so you have no intention in returning to HW?
            [20:33] [Kalessin] we would like to play HW
            [20:33] [Kalessin] but we don't need to dominate it, just wanna have a good time
            [20:33] [Kalessin] see what i'm sayin?
            [20:34] [ByzantiuM] i thought the BM ment more...i guess i was wrong
            [20:34] [Kalessin] ?
            [20:34] [ByzantiuM] well i respect your decision although i dont share it
            [20:34] [Kalessin] share what decision?
            [20:35] [ByzantiuM] its great to have friends u can hang out with but that defeats the purpose of the spirit of gaming
            [20:35] [ByzantiuM] i had very high expectations about your group
            [20:36] [Kalessin] i really don't understand
            [20:36] [ByzantiuM] i liked the fact it didnt just import droves of members ..but looked for quality instead of quantity
            [20:36] [Kalessin] i don't think most people will dispute that BM has top players
            [20:37] [ByzantiuM] if you have noticed apollo is only interested in numbers now and i have told him NO more mediocer players
            [20:37] [Kalessin] how would you have started in SLS if he had adopted that policy?
            [20:38] [Kalessin] i was already top 5 on ladder when i was recruited, but i didn't look down on other members or block recruitment
            [20:38] [ByzantiuM] i did remeber how i said i quit the SLS and would not return untile i got under #30 place
            [20:38] [ByzantiuM] excuse the spelling its just that im typing fast
            [20:40] [ByzantiuM] yes but all your players were in the top 20 correct?
            [20:40] [Kalessin] hmm
            [20:40] [Kalessin] let's just say
            [20:41] [Kalessin] that we have plenty of TOP players
            [20:41] [Kalessin] but most of us have played for many months, for hundred of games on ladder
            [20:41] [Kalessin] that's why we don't want to just sit around and dominate
            [20:41] [Kalessin] you know?
            [20:41] [Kalessin] other people want a chance too
            [20:41] [ByzantiuM] sure
            [20:42] [Kalessin] and we want to try other stuff too, like HW:C
            [20:42] [ByzantiuM] so what are your thougts about me ?
            [20:42] [ByzantiuM] im -playing that too
            [20:43] [ByzantiuM] just registered ladder yesterday
            [20:43] [Kalessin] well
            [20:43] [Kalessin] i have seen some of your comments regarding us
            [20:43] [ByzantiuM] am develping strats for that game
            [20:43] [ByzantiuM] for beast
            [20:43] [Kalessin] i think you may be a very talented player
            [20:44] [Kalessin] but i am not sure if many BM will be happy after what happened in the forums
            [20:44] [ByzantiuM] ok i understand...
            [20:44] [Kalessin] i mean
            [20:44] [ByzantiuM] that's all i wanted to hear
            [20:44] [Kalessin] you never really even offered an explanation
            [20:45] [ByzantiuM] i did retract my statement and withdraw publically...there is no one in this gaming community that would not say i am a loyal and trustworthy charcater
            [20:46] [Kalessin] but that isn't the point
            [20:46] [Kalessin] you can't just say stuff that's that offensive
            [20:46] [Kalessin] and then "retract" it and expect everyone to be perfectly happy again
            [20:47] [ByzantiuM] Hmmm...well we all say stupid things from time to time...it's what makes life an experience
            [20:47] [Kalessin] well i will relay your message for sure
            [20:47] [ByzantiuM] thank you
            [20:48] [Kalessin] it isn't up to any one of us
            [20:48] [Kalessin] but all of us, you understand that right?
            [20:48] [ByzantiuM] no need to explain...i dont want to know who is who and just the same i want the same anaminity also
            [20:48] [ByzantiuM] your handle name is enough for me
            [20:49] [Kalessin] well everyone already knows who I am
            [20:49] [Kalessin] okay
            [20:49] [ByzantiuM] cu
            [20:49] [Kalessin] later
            Session Close: Sun Oct 01 21:06:20 2000
            Shoot first - argue on the forums later

Comment

Unbelievable.

That entire convo was just like trying to take a shit but it just won't be over already.
              Art of bakeryexpert

The gourmet series has been created by the
              new art of bakery expert. The splendid
              snack is the excellent food for your
              health. Enjoy nice time by specialty
              selection of high quality.

I Love Cake

Comment

I R QUIT AND JOIN FL AND DECLARE WAR ON JOO

Comment

Ah - the LADDER... What found (hic) memories... Did not IRC much in those days - was simple : I was in the lobby looking for anyone that woudl play a ladder match. Too bad the lobby was not logged. And the recordings I have (or had?) ... sigh
                  To live is to game - in some way

Comment

Ah, the memories.

The sig fights on the ORB forums were pretty funny for awhile. The entire first page of posts entirely full of posts about sigs... or posts that ended up arguing about sigs :P. I think I saw an archive of this awhile back but I can't find it now.

The SLS vs FL war was pretty funny too. Lotta drama over that one ;o

And let us not forget the ladder forums. Who doesn't love 10 pages of bitching about probe bombs!

Wall is in place, scouts are fixed and grouped when it happens. I go into sensors for two secs. Bam.

"Group 1 has been destroyed"

As I look at the screen I see all my trusty scouts gone.... evil wicked nasty fucker PB'ed ALL my scouts. I think he got 50.
                    This reminds me of a game I played vs AdmiralAckbar*. I know some of you remeber him.

For those of you who don't, he was some weird freak who was completely convinced all the skilled players in the game were all cheating. Omgz so many ships with only 2 res vessels! Anyways, the guy really hated me for some reason. I can't imagine why. I beat him in a few games, and after that I turned down all his challenges as jokes. A few months later he is doing his usual trash-talk, and he challenges me to a game. I laugh at him and put him on ignore, but he is persistent. He keeps logging on under diff nicks and annoying the shit out of me, so I decide to play him. I remember him as a complete joke, so I'm semi-afk for the first part of the game. I come back and send a probe to his MS, to discover - oh shit - he has actually learned how to play.

Now I'm seriously panicked. I've totally screwed up, and he has a full swarm ready to rape my pathetic fleet. I know if this guy beats me, I will never, EVER hear the end of this. He probes me, and begins talking trash. I do what any sane man would do in my position. I PB him. His entire swarm is nearly wiped out by my well-placed probe. Now I've heard bitching before, but in all my years I have never seen anything like this. Multiple pages of all-caps bitching in the WON lobby. I joined another game and left the lobby, got back an hour later and he was still going.

I r lub choaocolate tehat are in my baed divorce the two wife is hard on bed tonight I bill aol which is 45$ and is hard for me. Plx plx halp me sombady i r chocalte and have divorxe mary 2 peple dat giv mariy me and kthxbi.

Comment

heh. i was on 56k back then. all them flame festivals were lengthy and left me no time to reply. oh the old days.
                      —› nick: (Molle) is now known as (Peggy)

Comment

I will be wikifying these soon.

<@Deathwing> MY GF IS CRAZY, FOR SOME REASON SHES ASKING ME WHAT KIND OF SUSHI SHE SHOULD GET FOR LUNCH AND IM LIKE "WTF HOW WOULD I KNOW SUSHI IS GHEY ONLY RAW MEAT I EAT IS STEAK AND YOU"

Comment

Working...
                        X