Best Homeworld forum memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Homeworld forum memories

quiet round here - thought id start a chatty story thread.

ok dont start with all the RTS?!?!? and monkeypants stuff - this aint about the relic boards. the clanforums have been around for a couple of years, and many a time has it been worse than a bad soapie.

i think the clan forums were at there liveliest from mid 2000 - early 2001.. thats when the ezboards were full of such drama that it was more exciting than playing homeworld.

some of the highlights for me were:

---------------------------------

"An encounter with the BM"

boy did this thread on the OMO boards establish a few relationships. for those ppl who werent around, it was one of those "everyone in the community was involved" type threads, which began in a friendly game between frstkor, fornax and (i think) redstar or something vs Savage.BM, Reaper.BM and another one of those ninja dolts.

simple story - frstkor used the hyperspace bug (jump ships when ms explodes and they survive) which had never really been seen before in HW during this game. He figured everyone would find it funny. BM got all NHC and quit the game, so frst posted the account on the OMO boards. well, most ppl were in agreeance with frst about the apparent overreaction of the BM lads, till mr GrumpyOMO popped up his head. Grumpy was a rapist at this point - number 1 on both the HW and HW:C ladders at the same time during their peak and very respected in the community. Anyway, Grumpy vehemently took the side of BM and a bit of a tiff transpired between messers frstkor and aformentioned OMO.

A few days later, the soap opera peaked when Grumpy revealed his true identity to all as being Reaper.BM (or Beltemall). o dear, the ripples this news caused to one and all - even the OMOs didnt realise and were in a dillemma as to what to do with their prize steed.

Weeks later - frst and reaps were having phonesex on bcom and everything was hunky dorey - we finally assimilated them and sav & reaps now live over here. I'd dig up the thread, but ezboard has eaten it.

-----------------------------------------------

"Cult of the Dead Cow"

omg this was a wierd one.

one day SLS got this cryptic message on their forum from some guy called Cult of the Dead Cow. it said something about them coming and had some wierd reference to freelance and how we were going to be hit first.

everyone thought they were some new clan and that they were throwing up a challenge, so there was a bit of a "yeah, bring it on honkey" type response from all - in good humour, of course.

anyway, we all forgot about it until a few months later. one morning i woke up to find that our forum was all in spanish and there was a cDc (cult of the dead cow) banner up the top. "huh" and "lol" were my first reaction, till suddenly i realised that my admin password had changed and i couldnt log in to fix it.

i met the guys on irc and we did a bit of research about this cDc, whatever it was. turns out they were a large internet hacking organisation - they even were interviewed on cnn recently.

in our private forums, was a long message from the cDc about how they had been contacted by someone about our behaviour or something. they said they would give back our forums when we had gone through some issues with them. they then proceeded to paste every single flamefest we had ever been involved with on the ezboards - mostly made up of the protracted non-war saga we had with TWP. anyway, the long and short of it was: they had decided to hold our forums to ransom until the issue was resolved.

basically, our response to them was "fuck you - take the forum" in a very long and involved discussion which ended up making them look very stupid and uninformed. the representitive got obviously flustered, had a spac attack and said he was going to wipe the boards within a couple of hours.

around about this time, our messages finally got through to ezboard admin, they reinstated our admin access, and we got the forums back and never heard from him again. ive still got that thread in our archive - its an absolute classic.

------------------

a couple of others that come to mind to spur some inspiration:

Event-Horizons 9th forum takeover - omg that was funny.

StonerD on the Chiken boards: "I R QUIT AND JOIN FL AND DECLARE WAR ON YOU!:

and of course, i cant finish this post without mentioning redstar - he knows i love his work.

----------------------------

gimme your "best of" ppl.

reki

Frst's IX forum takeover was amusing as well.

Comment

WON events................

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual i get on WON trying to find me some ladder matches. This is at my peak loooong ago. When i get there i find som Scorpion dude who has a match on Talas up. I hop on and chat for two secs and then we go.

Game starts as usual, build up and fixing positions. I'm very satsified with my build and will show this guy how the "real" ladder players does it. He looks totally harnless.

Wall is in place, scouts are fixed and grouped when it happens. I go into sensors for two secs. Bam.

"Group 1 has been destroyed"

As I look at the screen I see all my trusty scouts gone.... evil wicked nasty fucker PB'ed ALL my scouts. I think he got 50.

I lost. Badly. I was pissed. Really.

I hop onto IRC and yell my frustration right out and asks if there is anyone who knows who this shithead "Scorpion" is. No one is awake but Grimm who chuckles and says "no".

Two days later... I find Grimm on IRC again... only to hear him say that he is Scorpion........ Should have known.... dang.

Sensmoral; Always fear smurfs :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladder match between me and Blood, Radial. I am soooooooooooo gonna get him this time. I go wild on SF and skip vettes and aim for graw. I heal and I heal and I heal and he cant kill my cols. He tries and tries and tries and cant get them.. I chuckle secretly.

As my graw finally pops, I decide to taunt him a bit.

I hit T and say; Oooooooopsss!

I know he is NOT goint go like my graw coming out since he has no caps at all and I have 6 SF........ errr

When I type i sometimes type to fast....

What i did was hitting T and say: Oooooooop[insert enter]sssss

"Group 6 has been destroyed"

Here I am. With 1 graw. 3 cols. No SF. They died a gruesome death of SS. I cant help but to laugh.................

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I will dig up some more stories.... :P

Comment

LOLOL!!! I remember that one quite clearly

ps: frst is going to post and its going to suck

Comment

molle, dolt, 'best hw forum memories'... not best won.net memories. ho.

so anyways i was thinking for a while about this but it was hard for me. i get into lots of flamefests on forums around and around, which i consider much fun and good stress relief. i've had too many encounters to remember them all.

my first one was the one reki mentioned. encounter with the BM was great. i mean, it was mean then and seemed like a nasty thread but it's great now cause that was like a year and a half ago, and grumpy is a good friend of mine now. like reki said, it all started in a 3v3 game where fornax/redstar/myself played savage/reaper/omni on hyperspace arena. i ended up doing the ghost fleet bug cause i was a happy dolt and ong they went costal on me. i laffed and admitted i knew it was a bug, then went to post on omo's boards because they were the most popular, wether or not each game bug was a no-no or were there any exceptions. actually, a lot of ppl said they thought it was ok, but shouldn't be used seriously, so i never used it again. the funny part was how adamant grumpy was when he bitched me out for using it. i remember telling reki i though grumpy must be a BM since he was a #1 and he was chewing me out so hard. about a week later in the ladder news it said 'ReaperBM is now known as GrumpyOMO' and it made sense. i bumped the thread. :|

well that was funny and i probly argued and looked like a dolt, but it set the standard. shame that ezboard doesnt archive old threads.

the next of my favorites was the flame sessions with TWP, first on the HW:C strat forums on the relic boards, then carried to their own forums. it was great on the rb when Wicket posted a pic of 3 wolves humping each other. pale and blue were egging ppl on to come and give them some skilled challenges in hwc, acting like they weren't getting any decent competition. i took em up and started flaming. we had to tone down on the rb, but we took it over to their forums and continued to bitch at each other there. pale was fun to argue with cause he is halfway intellegent, bluewolf made me laugh alot cause he kept calling me a cheater, along with redwolf who swore i used lag or something to cheat. anyways, it ended up that twp wouldnt play us so we made up a smurf group with a couple 7th called =X= and went searching in hwc for some wolfies. we played em like 5 games as =X= and well, to cut to the chase, danga glowed when a couple wolves actually quit playing hwc cause they got smurfed. danga was frog. we even tried to arrange a tournament FL v TWP but they wouldnt have it and the flaming continued. We had a thread with like 20 pages, 100's of replies, 5000 views and it was a blast. it was titled 'prelude to war' if i recall. there were some screenshots put up of games lost, and i felt truely evil.

ive got some great forum memories in flames vs redstar but im not going to get into those because he might take it personal, even though i always had fun flaming with him, as he also said he had fun.

i reckon im a jerk cause most of my happy memories are me causing grief to some deserving ppl, but in the end it turns out ok. ;0

Comment

ok well this is not a particularly chattty one but seeing as i have not been around forever, i chose the thread that to this day still makes me hysterical. sorry guys but...i love this one rofl

http://forums.guidestone.com/showthr...&threadid=2510 gg frsty vgg

ps to those who appear in the pics, i love you all

Comment

HMMM ... how about this. Apollo banning Clipsy's new signature now that sucked :P

Oh well so much for decency in p0rn :P

Comment

Good one PunkGirl

Comment

There was a memorable thread on CC boards where the identities of all the BM was revealed. Some of them had revealed their identities before the time, but Mecha filled in the gaps.

http://pub76.ezboard.com/fthedilemma...picID=91.topic

PS: StonerD was clanwhore.BM

Comment

OMG LOLOL my old ass name, how embarrassing:o

ps: I was founder of BM...BM = Blood's Mafia see?

Comment

/me giggles
                      hi GladiatorCAT

Comment

nice avatar punkgirl
                        "Enemies can be your weapons or your shield. Simply show them which they are."-The Teachings of Zho

Comment

yes thx quar i love it lots and rekisexo too for making it for me

Comment

I can just imagine pg doing that *drools* DIE BANSHEE!!!

Comment

that's right you can "just imagine" bish
                              muahahahahahahaha...cough...ha

mMmmMMmmmm
                              /me lives forever
                              ps haha :P
                              [/end thread digression]

Comment

Working...
                              X