Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am i online yet?

technophobes victorius!

it only took me 5 months, but i think i am back online again, untill something goes wrong again.

and what do i find? loads of posts? tons of new pics? stimulating flame wars?

none of the above.

nb. thanks for the b/day thread.
    DECUS ET TUTAMEN

lol

Hello matey, Toon r we !! doing well this season.

Comment

WB Mags. About the only flaming going on is garon lighting his farts. All the posting action is Eve jabber. Picks? ya, piss poor effort lately.

Comment

All you lazy parent types need to sort your shit out.

Comment

Hola Mag's and Metho - Is something else to play BUT eve when not chasing your off spring off the Comp or chasing away teenage boys and sharpening you katana?
          To live is to game - in some way

Comment

well then. get on irc so we can talk.

Originally posted by CptUnreal View Post
            Hola Mag's and Metho - Is something else to play BUT eve when not chasing your off spring off the Comp or chasing away teenage boys and sharpening you katana?

Comment

Better late than never, welcome back Magz!

Comment

so, what happened to frst's comp set-up? which configuration did u go for? i ask cos i am feeling the urge to buy and upgrade. if i keep the case & psu, and replace everything else inside i might have a nice pc again. i can turn my old drives into out side usb spares cant i?
                DECUS ET TUTAMEN

Comment

If the old drives are standard ide, just connect em on one of the ide ports. Most boards are sata these days. Grab urself a chunky sata drive and run your system off that.

External USB drives suck shit for speed. Esp with transferrs involving shitwads of files. Use firewire instead or a dedicated USB2 port minimum.

Fvked if I know what frst wound up with. Sure to be a killer system tho. Be prepared to get very scared if you want a decent gaming system, graphic hardware costs have gone ballistic.

Comment

i went with a 2.4 core 2 duo and an evga 680i nforce motherboard. the cpu is at 3.2 ghz stable now. i got 2gb of nice corsair dominator memory. nice gigabyte case, dvd-rw dr. graphics card is a geofrce 8800 gts very overclocked.

it runs very well and i love it.

Comment

I did the same - except bought dual 8800. Mostly to run dual clients - still have some reservations about that thou. But I do love runing dual screens. (mine was from cyberpowerpc.com)

Comment

frst, cpt - you both running windows XP or you get your 8800's working with vista?
                        Shoot first - argue on the forums later

Comment

i run xp and will continue to run it until tom's, anandtech, or firingsquad says that vista's opengl and directx drivers stop sucking so badly.

Comment

Vista fails horribly. I wouldn't recommend upgrading for another year or so.
                            It's not so much that I want Lois to die... more that I want her not to be alive... anymore.

Comment

Running XP here - have heard such BAD thing s about vista the only way I will go there is if I can either dual boot vista - OR DX10 games come out.

Comment

Working...
                              X