WAHOO I got HW yesterday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAHOO I got HW yesterday!

And it's looking great. This will be cool. For anybody wanting to play a hopelessly inexperienced, stupid,mildly obnoxious, slightly irritating, overenthusiastic, reckless newbie Sunday morning, I'll be there.

Once I actually know what I'm doing, I'll try and join this clan ;)

*bump*

i dunno about you guys - but i feel bad about never getting back to this guy.

Comment

Lemme start

Great game, i'm sure you'll know this by now
      One thing i really recommend is playing single player campaign before going online. Now only to learnt the game and the units but because its a very good single player campaign too

After that when you are online you have a few options:
      1) look around on WON and ask people to help you. Some of us (not always though) will help you and either play against you or team up with you in a normal 2 vs 2.
      2) host a game yourself and see who enters the game. playing and playing and playing is the best way to learn even if you lose. Most players will answer questions you ask in these games so if you see the enemy send his research ship to the middle feel free to ask why he does that. Worst thing you can get is him not answering.
      3) free for all games. This are games where everyone fights everyone. These are a real pool of different strategies and tactics. Also if you are lucky they allow you to stay alive a bit longer
      4) record games. (press esc when the game has started, select record and enter a name, then start recording)
      You can later look at these recorded games by doing load game, recorded game. You will be able to see what the other players have done from the start and that is very good learning material.
      5) start with playing large maps. These maps give you more time before the enemy attacks and they teach you a very important thing, how to use collectors and controllers.

Beside from that there is only one thing most players really hate and as long as you don't break the following rule you should be fine on WON.

If someone has a game with the word "skilled" in the title then that means those players are looking for a challenging game. Do not join their game until you have at least played 100 games on WON (playing against computer does not count).

Besides from that, have fun with the game. I've been playing it almost 3 years now and i still love it
      And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
      The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief grav
      Grav is but a walking shadow, a poor player
      That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
      And then is heard no more: it is a tale
      Told by an swarmer, full of sound and fury,
      Signifying nothing.

26-02-02 on #freelance by Dough

Comment

lol duk - judging from the date of his post, i'd say he has almost been playing as long as you.

Comment

Better late than never rek
          2 yrs??? LOL

Comment

rofl, that thread came up on my new posts search and i never looked at the date of his post
            And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
            The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief grav
            Grav is but a walking shadow, a poor player
            That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
            And then is heard no more: it is a tale
            Told by an swarmer, full of sound and fury,
            Signifying nothing.

26-02-02 on #freelance by Dough

Comment

oh

Comment

my

Comment

god.

Comment

reki you should be banned

Comment

Finaly you have seen sense, I'm just surprised you guys didn't ban him earlier!

Comment

so is he in or not?

soul.

Comment

OMG you guys are fools if you don't let him in!
                          Live life never asking "what if,..."

Comment

this board wasnt even up in 2000 =[

Comment

wtf i r haf 230 posts! i si teh leat spammar

I r lub choaocolate tehat are in my baed divorce the two wife is hard on bed tonight I bill aol which is 45$ and is hard for me. Plx plx halp me sombady i r chocalte and have divorxe mary 2 peple dat giv mariy me and kthxbi.

Comment

Working...
                              X