The non-birthday thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The non-birthday thread

Man, someone just linked me to a thread on this forum from a couple of years ago, and it was something about HW2 and Alex Garden. There were people from all over the place posting in it, including a Relic dev & even dmille (?!?).

Just made me recall that this forum used to have people post stuff other than birthday greets in it. I don't really mind that it doesn't any more (everyone potters about in their private forum sections & irc), but I just wanted to start a topic that wasn't about birthdays & see if it lasted longer than a page, just for old times sake.

So.. anyone got anything they want to discuss?

lol yeah.

If I don't read this area of the forums for awhile, when I return I get bombarded by birthday threads.

Most of our guests here were from homeworld, and considering most of us have not brushed the dust off our hw cds in awhile due to eve-mania, I'm not surprised it's all birthday threads.

Was alot of fun back in the day when we all played hw, and the mad cow hax0rz came to visit us(or whoever they were).

Refreshing to have another non-birthday thread tho reki.

ps-my birthday is commin up soon :P

Comment

Well in the little spare time I've had recently I've been playing the DoW beta and I must say this game is fun! I love the resource structure. It makes you fight for your resources especially on smaller maps. The game play is pretty fast paced and the animation and effects are simply amazing. The last game that made me screw up my game due to looking at the eye candy was HW. The aspect of the having 4 fairly different races will make for long lab sessions to say the least and I'm already seeing some fairly effective tactics being used. I really hope this game will spark some interest and bring back the community a bit. If nothing more you should at least try this game! I've talked to several FL peeps and there seems to be a growing interest.
      Live life never asking "what if,..."

Comment

I will definately be there with ya wildcard, i love the tag and banner you made for fl. Currently though work, olympics and doom3 have my interest... but i will be buying dow and looking forward to some naked ffa's again.

Comment

Yup ill prolly play some DoW with you guys and see how I like it.

[edit]another rts game that looks cool is the lotr game thats comming out.

here is the mp pagehttp://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~memw/pa...me/multiplayer

If you go to gamecenter.com and check out the dev interview where they show unit emotion...looks like fun
          Last edited by ridock; 08-19-2004, 04:39.

Comment

well nice to see that people live without having a bday to celebrate... ps hi dolts /me hugglez and where the feck on irc are you dolts? link me on msn or something
            Opera: just what the world needs more screaming fat women...

Comment

So.... went fishing today, caught 7 bluefish and 1 striped bass. Between the four of us (my father, and two friends), we caught 22 fish, and almost won the pool for largest fish.

Comment

lol I wonder what your gonna be eating for the next month murph!

Hiya Lexy, might I be seeing you peak your head into the DoW lobby when it comes around?

Doom3 has my interest, but not $55 worth of interest so im content to wait.
                Live life never asking "what if,..."

Comment

yeah lexy, will you play DoW?

Comment

When will DoW be released?
                    Shoot first - argue on the forums later

Comment

prolly within a couple of months if all goes well, I guess. One of the devs said hoping for late september at one point.

Comment

ya no time for beta for me but when retail is out i will be there for sure

Comment

hi

Comment

/me slapseveryone for not being able to gimme a irc addy...

Comment

don't know of one to give you, lexy. punkz and soul hang out in #dow on whatever server that's on. some people, i think, are in #hw over on the hw community server. you can try and /query on the stratics server but there's not a public channel set up really, don't think ;[

Comment

Working...
                              X