3 yrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 yrs

So on 5.12.00, myself and this 45 year old man named raymond, whom some of you old dolts knew as 'icecraneFL' decided to start this team thing called Freelance and put a couple bold letters on the ends of our names. so then FL had begun.

i will try to get to writing a revised FL history, including member joins... and departs... good fights... good games, opponents, flames, and all of the most entertaining shit I can come up with. then, we'll throw it onto the next site we put up (version 3.0) for all of you to check out.

so for fun, members and non members, I wonder, what are your first memories of this team?

i gave you the very first memory, but there are some wierd ones you probly don't know about.

our very first webpage was a simple flash design that reki made that used a real NASA countdown that had a scout fly by with an explosion, then took you to our site. I think it was the best homeworld team site at the time, until SLS put up their flash site.

in the first month of FL life, when magpie(Flandry) joined and was probably the most experienced on subj out of all of us, he and I got very good on moonbase in 2v2's. There was a team ladder back then, with oldies like CK, Co, BDU on it. BM too. the mafia was at the top, and somehow.... somehow, mags and I beat rip and neko in a 2v2 on moonbase. That's one of my first memories.

I have tons and tons, and could go on forever.

fact: back when skibb was skibbguru, he actually joined FL in our private forums by guessing the password. he stayed with us in there for many months before actually leaving guru and joining.

there's tons and tons of this shit.

man. 3 years. and homeworld 2 will be out soon.

k plz answer this

so for fun, members and non members, I wonder, what are your first memories of this team?
    thx

My mates are in it.

Comment

Getting trashed on some huge map by some cocky yank that did a support frig + fighters hyper trick. Then came moonbase......

:]
      DECUS ET TUTAMEN

Comment

Happy birfday Freelance!

Some of my first memories of Freelance was when you fags stole Banshee from NvD. I soon left NvD myself, because I thought it was going stale, and I wasnt really very good friends with anyone other than Banshee.

I followed Bansh around like a lost puppy and got to know some of you dolts better. We had some awesome games.

I remember a game when bansh and reki smurfed me a spyder on Dantes Fate and completely pwnd us. I thought ya'll were n00bs k?

I remember getting pwnd by skibb with some dork missile destroyer strat on subjugate. I wasnt expecting it k?

I remember getting pwnd by punkgirl with mass supports. All of her damn frigates were supports. That was lame k?

I remember tripling Molle on War of the Ring in a SLS vs 3. That was lame of us k? Put up a hell of a fight though

I remember the very first game I played with FL. It was a 2v2 with reki|FL and soul|FL. They owned us

And who could forget the mock war between SLS and FL? That was just plain hilarious at times, even though it pissed off the rest of the HW community and it was nipped in the bud :o

Thanks for the good times freelance. Keep em coming :o
        Last edited by Murph; 05-12-2003, 16:41.

Comment

3yrs huh, so we're finally out of dypers and survived the terrible 2somes.

Buggered if I can remember my first contact with FL, but I was Futhaguru back then. frst and reki were like 2 peas in a scout cockpit and were in won ALL THE TIME. The gurus started taking notice of FL when they started playing the small defaults; talas especially.

We played an infinate number of FL vs guru 2v2 on talas and I remember mouse saying in a BC session during one of these games, "fuck, these guys aint n00bs anymore!!". I guess I knew at that stage that FL were serious about tackling the big boys and going pro.

When I found out that FL had 3 aussie members, reki, protos and Adriko, I started chin wagging a good deal with these fellas. Shortly it bacame obvious to me that FL was not just another HW clan, they were a bunch of mates having some serious fun in their favourite game.

Those 2 qualities summed up those early experiences of FL; a bunch of mates who took their gaming seriously and had a shitload of good times.

Comment

my fondest memory was when frst rode my cock in a VW Bus while it was driving down a lonely florida country road and the last rays of sun were glinting off his soft breasts. that was awesome.

Comment

having a chat with a nice chap from australia on telefrag irc one night called reki... talking about hw and life in general. about a week later finding out he was in fl.

first game against fl... a 3v3 7th vs fl in hwc... frst bitched a lot about losing.. only later after joining did i realize what a cool trait that is and how much of a competitor he is at heart.. ie.. i love frst.

first game with fl... 3v3 in hwc bitch slapping twp... the only howling they did was when skibb and frst ass raped them.

i love being in fl.. but being in something denotes it as a clan or something.. you show me fl and i will show you just a bunch of very good friends with all sorts of different good and bad traits who just happen to have a couple letters at the end of their name that are the same.

no ranks, no titles, no rules... just some good mates who talk shit and respect eachother.. except for eT... that guy is fucked up

Comment

back off eT he cool

he feels nice

Comment

frst = cheatz

HUHM. well there was reki on the strat forums a loooooong time ago, but i didn't but reki + fl together at the time...

my first real meories of fl were on the rb strat forums. there was this threadf titled "what really scares u" or some such. it was what u did in game to scare ur enemy. frst posted and when i read it i though "this dude is REALLY fucked up". second thought was "damn he's funny"

there was skibb and his "WADDAH" whenever he went on WON

getting 0wned by rule on my second (or wuz it third) ladder game. i asked him "r u any good?". he replied "no not really i kinda suck". chexed ladder AND HE WUZ RANK 6! i really got to like rule later on, still am not sure exactly why...

playing a game with SEXOINCOGNITO. i knew riet away only one person aliove would choose a name like that.

spacecowboy69 (i think taht wuz his name). made a pass on me @ won. who other than a fl would have a name like that?

when i first got to know eT he seemed to average to be noteworthy, then i got on irc...

frst's awesome flames. never have i enjoyed reading flames so much as i read frst's. they never get borinmg and are as funny as hell...

skibb's "=["

taht 1 thread where frst posted that pic of a MS ramm,ing a million rocks...

getting sodomised by molle X100000. he wasn't in fl till ltaer, not sure if this counts...

beating fl inah 2v2 with tosh. i was like "omg maybe i don't suck so bad aftyer all.

i could mention my memories of losing vs fl in team/1v1 games like myrph did, but none of those games count becuz u guys CHEETED

just a few, i have alot of great memories of j00 f00lz.

I r lub choaocolate tehat are in my baed divorce the two wife is hard on bed tonight I bill aol which is 45$ and is hard for me. Plx plx halp me sombady i r chocalte and have divorxe mary 2 peple dat giv mariy me and kthxbi.

Comment

my ass still hurts from their beatings both on WON and IRC

STOP KICKING ME PUNKZ UR <3 HURTS K

Comment

Hmmm ( thinks back)

Playing 2v2's with icecrane on talas, he loved repair vetts.

playing a 2 vs 2 with frstkor, having him tell me how to def swarm

def swarm for 5 months

think im good

get totally owned by rule

quit def swarm

become a dlck

get hated

stay hated

-ahab out.

-ffs, this was my only account that was not banned on this forum-

Comment

lol ahab.

erm.. geez too many to mention, but i guess the earliest memory of FL was playin a 1v1 vs frstkor, who I didnt know at all at the time.

FL was like 2 days old and I hopped in frst's game on some bigass map like final stand or somethin. He did that hyper support tactic and got a heap of bombers out to my collectors, which I thought was pretty impressive. Anyway, I just remember us hitting it off well straight away & both of us having giggles in this game, in which I got mercilessly slaughtered.

He asked me after the game to join his new team and I said yes straight away. After that, it was me, frst, garon and icecrane for quite a while playing 2v2s on mystic bubbles, which we all got really good at. Flandry (magpie) joined not long after along with peace & love & eTom.

It wasnt until late 2000 when we started getting bigger I guess, pickin up meths, echo, protos, adriko etc. and when we started playin ladder games.

Like frst said - the guys at guru were our earliest mates & chewy & the lads gave us some great games. The best times in FL were the korean games, the ladder at its peak, the smurfing of TWP in HW:C & their subsequent hissy fit, & the fun on irc.

We almost split up in 2001 sometime when a couple of members had a falling out (which they later resolved) but it sure was a bit of a crisis. Anyways, Happy Birthday FL ppl - here's to the next 3 years

Comment

first impressions eh? i thought FL was just another startup team of newbs tbh. me and frst argued off and on for months. sorry frst but i must mention the time you told me to stfu and get on won. so i did and played your fav map (talas) and raped ur "un-beatable" strat. after the game i said "gg, nuff said" and you said "i wish i could respect that"

soz, never rubbed it in 'til now. (this was like 2 years ago)

anyways, after BM broken up i had already formed a love/hate friendship with frst so i asked if i could join with ridock.

Comment

heh i already did my first impressions a long time ago :P

Id have to say that i really enjoyed the late night nekid ffa parties on won tho.

Gotta make sure we do that again in hw2.

Comment

My first game was first eT and some other fl dolt, i think meth. i was paired with snowbreeze. this was my first game on talas and i had no idea how to play mp, as the earlier year i had played hyperspace and other maps with bounties and stuff. well they both double teamed snow and i got mad for it. my first ladder memory was of meth and me playing talas, was a fun game even though i got schooled.

but here is my favorite little quote from me

***downslope has joined #freelance
                              <downslope> what the fuck is this channel for?

I don't really remember which of you i got to know first though, i guess technically i had known soul the longest, but he was not in FL i think before i joined i got to know punk and bansh really good then right after that. i think i might of known skibb before that maybe soul at the same time. my memory sucks i wish i remember when i got to know you guys.

well lol that is the worst few paragraphs i have ever written my lit teacher would kill me, but yeah no matter how i got to know you guys i know you, so hey you guys rule. ;)
                              -/ds\|FL

Comment

Working...
                              X