flatmagro is a pimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flatmagro is a pimp

amidst all of the trash spewing into these forums, i have been playing immense amounts of morrowind, ms combat sim II, jk2, and just started on some bridge commander.

the first game, morrowind, which i have been playing the most out of all of them, is by far the most well done game i have ever seen. every bit of the game looks like it has come from myst, only you can fps through all of it. the skys, the clouds, the storms, the water, the towns, the landscape, the enemies, everything is so well put together that if you dont have a decent cpu/gcard you wont get more than 20 fps in cities. my character is a lvl 90(omfg) pimp called a redguard. hes a sorcerer and kills ppl in massive amounts. i offer a screenshot as proof.

CLICK FOR FLATMAGRO

His sword is justly named, as for some of his inventory enchanted equip as you can see. This game is so huge. It blows ultima away badly. I've barely explored 30% of the map and I'm lvl 90 wtf. There is a walktrhough thats 350 pages if you want to get one. There are like 1000 quests. There are like 5000+ ppl to talk to and each of them have names. My god ppl will make fun of you if you walk around naked even.

Now, onto ms combat sim II.

It's a pacific theater ww2 era flight sim thats is just fun to play. Back in the day where there was no radar, no missiles, only guns and stalls. Back in the day when ships at see still fought at visual range(minus midway and a few others). The planes turn on a dime, and run out of ammo on a penny. But, they are so ungodly fun to fly its hard to tell you. I imagine its somewhat like that il-2 game all the irc ladies have been jizzing on, only in the pacific instead of europe. I favour the heavier armored american iron work planes to the wooden japanese planes, even though their low speed maneuverability if superior. Much fun.

Jedi Knight 2 is the best fps I've ever played in terms of single player fun. Maybe it's because its based in the star wars universe and maybe its because I've not played too many fps anyhow(quake2/3/MoH/rtcw/doom2/rainbow6). But, everything I saw made me feel like I was running through a movie, the scenes and props didn't get repetitive and the story was actually interesting and fun to play through, with a good ending. I loved being able to use force powers such as pull(gimmie ur weapons fagets) and push (off the 500 story ledge with you) to own storm troopers. Also, the sound in this game is so sexy. All John William and perfectly duplicated or copied star wars effects. Shooting blasters, whipping out ur cock, i mean light saber, imperial troops talking, ships flying by, ect were all done so well ong.

Anyways, these games have kept me very busy the past month as I have left JG because I'm too poor to pay 10 bucks a month to a game that is lacking in so many ways. I'm also still waiting for eve. :|

THIS HAS ALL JUST BEEN FYI and to get rid of these gay ass locked threads. Ur turn to tell me what games you are playing right now and how they are.

question frst: can I run morrowind and still enjoy it with a 500 mgh athlon and 320 ram?

I've been playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein quite a bit lately. Even with my sucky-ass 56k modem, I'm really enjoying the game. I get owned in intense firefights, I get sucky FPS, I get lag up the wazoo, yet I still play it. Gives testament to the l33tness of the game itself. Reki and Rulez have been helping me with my configs, and stuff, and I don't see myself getting tired of RTCW any time soon.

I have been playing some single player RPGs as well. I have gone back into Fallout 2. I just can't stay away from that game for long. It is easily the best RPG I have ever played.

The other RPG I have been playing is Planescape: Torment. A game set on the Planescape universe of D&D. Also made by Black Isle, the creators of Fallout 2. Nothing beats playin as a person who simply cannot die, unless in extreme situations (like being thrown into an incinerator). Nothing beats being able to pop out your eyeball, sever the optic nerve, planting another eyeball in there, and having the optic nerve reconnect itself to the "new" eyeball. L33t.

I've also been learning how to play classic D&D with Disco Stu and Targeter, and others. Promises to be great fun.

Comment

well it depends also on ur gcard, but yea you can probly get 20-25 fps in country area(if you turned down all the graphics and shit), and like 2 in the cities.

Comment

hmmm.... think ill wait til I get my new comp this summer then =[

Comment

Whats the specs for this game since it seams to take so much power ?

Comment

Morrowind rocks.

Specs:

Min:
            Windows ME/98 - 128 MB RAM, Windows XP/2000 - 256 MB
            500 Mhz P3 or Athlon equivalent
            8X CD ROM
            1 GB free HD space
            32 MB vid card, Geforce 256 or better

Recommended:
            800 Mhz P3 or equivalent Athlon, or better
            256 MB RAM
            NVIDIA GF2 GTS, Radeon 7500, or better

NO SPOILERS!

My own opinion is that it is VERY in-depth. There is TONS for you to do. However, most of the tasks you get are quite on the repetitive side. It's a lot of "fetch the whatchamacallit so that so-and-so can research the thingamabob and give you a little gold for your efforts". In other words, you get to play "errand boy" a lot.

Don't get me wrong, my overall impression of the game is positive, but there are a few things I would have liked to seen addressed. A few things they could have done better. But then there are a lot of things they did very well, and that makes up for the negatives IMO.

Pros:
            1) Lots to do. You'll have to spend a lot of time checking out every nook and cranny around. Personally, I can't stand it if I can't get to every single part of the dungeon. Gonna definitely get my money's worth out of this one.

2) The diversity of character races is great. 10 races, each with its own particular strengths and weaknesses. Power gamers love to pick just the right race for whatever character class they want to be. I can't think of anyone who'd gripe over 10 playable character classes.

3) There is a great deal of humor incorporated into the game. Several scenes and characters have had me laughing my ass off.

4) Tons and tons of different magic items, and the capability to create your own magic items. What else could a power gamer ask for? I personally have my own museum now, created from all the booty I've collected that is too valuable to pawn off to anyone (gotta gripe about that, but I'll list that later).

5) Replay value. Even after you finish the game as a fighter type (or Sorcerer if your are frstkor ), you can restart the game with a different class, say a Theif, join that guild, and do a completely different set of quests! Like I said, gonna get your money's worth with this game.

Ok, the game has a few down points too...
            Cons:

1) Repetive nature of the quests gets a bit tiresome after a while. Would have been nice to see a few more puzzles to figure out instead of just having to bash monsters or bad/good guys and get the required item all the time.

2) Once you get so high in level, there are few monsters that can threaten you. frst's character is practically a god. With over 900 hit points, it's gonna take an army to bring him down.

3) I thought they could have created more monsters for you to enounter randomly outdoors. I think there are only about 6 creatures you encounter in wilderness areas. Should have been more than that.

4) I've encountered a few bugs that crash my game to desktop. I've even gotten the blue screen of death tonight Could be driver issues, but I generally am pretty good about updating them. I may be one driver set behind if at all.

5) If you pay a certain NPC to train you, the money you pay them should be added to their pool of money to barter with if the NPC both barters and trains. Would make selling that expensive piece of armor you found, but can't wear, much easier. As it stands, most people who barter have only a PUNY amount of money to barter with. Only a few have over 1000 gp. If it wasn't for the few "special" vendors they put in the game, fencing your pricey items would be next to impossible.

6) They have a VERY active CD copyright protection. Periodically, your character will pause while moving along the path. The program checks that the CD is in the carriage No listening to music CDs while this game is running. Gets quite annoying.

7) WTF is up with all the CRAP in the various crates and barrels. Every other crate you encounter has like 2 - 12 gp in it. Then, right beside the crate, there is a chest with NOTHING in it. Go figure. Sometimes in the crates and barrels there is a potion of varying quality, sometimes there is a magic weapon (I found in a crate a steel staff that did 5-11 frost damage, 5-11 fire damage, and 5-11 shock damage in addition to it's normal damage...too bad I have 10 skill with a staff, and that would disclude my leet use of the shield skill ), sometimes there is general supplies, then sometimes there is nothing at all.
            Like people are just gonna go leaving money in crates. Hell, I find 5 - 10 bucks every time I look in boxes in alleys, don't you? They definitely could have taken some pointers on treasure placement.

8) Magic item value is WAY screwed up, especially for items you create yourself...LMAO at a value of 2 for a ring that gives you 7 points of health every time you use it, and it has about 20 charges. I could rant at this for a while, but I think I'll just leave it at this.

Anyway, it may seem that the bad outweigh the good, but that simply isn't so. Most of my dings against it were pretty nit-picky. The good of the Pro items definitely outweighs the bad of the Con items. I'd give it about 4 stars out of 5.

The scenery is nice. The towns, paths, mountains, bridges, everything is very well animated. But what makes me oooh and ahhh the most is the night sky. They have created a nightscape that is simply gorgeous in it's depth and detail. If you bother to look, you can find the "Signs" of the in-game Zodiak moving across the heavens. Twin moons and a galactic star band intermingle amongst the heavenly bodies. Tis a grand sight to be sure. Heh, I almost expect to see shooting stars if I look up long enough I'm gonna have to enable my screenshots so I can take a piccy.

Frst, my character would probably be level 90 if I hadn't restarted about half a dozen times I've just now got my Redguard Custom class character up to level 16. I have emphasized on enchantment and fighting skills to make my character the ultimate tank-mage. I also have high marks in Merchantile and Security, so I always get the best prices for what I buy or sell, and I can disarm traps that I encounter. I make whatever weapons or accessories I need, AND I wear heavy armor, use a shield, and fight with a longsword.

If I need a long distance weapon, I queue up my "Ring of Fireballs" that I created, which does 37 damage per charge (11 charges in the ring), and blast it from afar. When I get a bit mor powerful in the Enchant dept, I think I'll double that damage If I run out of charges, I recharge it with the plentiful supply of soul gems I fill with the masses of cliff racers, alits, and rats I kill. I've also created rings to increase my intelligence, personality, luck, strength, etc. I've made amulets to open locks too high for me to pick. I have a ring of water walking and water breathing. I have a belt with a levitation enchantment.

Gah, the list goes on. Whatever spell effects are in the game can be latched onto various items in the game, provided the items have enough enchant slots for you to put that powerful of an enchantment on it (e.g. a silver longsword has 4 enchant slots, whereas a steel longsword has 6...ebony helmet has like 50 enchant slots).

The game has so many permutations. There are just so many ways for you to create mayhem

Comment

Apollo are you related to either Sissco or Ebert?

Comment

Hmmm games i have played recently:

Jedo Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. An outstanding game that makes me excited every time i draw my light sabre. Beat the sp twice... three times if you count up the number of times i helped murph.

Dungeon Siege: Great graphics, awesome soundtrack... storyline left much to be desired... still beat it twice though. Have not played it in a few weeks.

Max Payne: Dont need to review this one.. but i decided to beat the game at a higher difficulty setting. Still went by fast:/.

Starlancer: Played 10 levels in sp co op was quite cool.

However the games that i just bought this month were GTA3 for the PC and SoF2. Both have fantastic storylines, sweet visuals, violence and gore. It must be said though that after watching the doom3 trailer it makes sof2 seem like a disney movie. Cant wait til the senators of the usa view this trailer... hey wait, if they see it maybe we can send them to jail for warez;).

soul.

Comment

ok well ive just re-fallen i love with rtcw after an incredible ladder match last weekend and the release of a new (now my favourite) map.

im really starting to dig the fps scene - its much more "life in teh fast lane" stuff & at first you feel really little compared to rts games, but then you realise its essentially the same, but on a MASSIVE scale.

the ladder i play on consists of 30 teams of 8 from australia & new zealand - thats 270 starting players & about another 150-200 subs. we play about once a week & if you dont field 8 you forfeit.. its only happened to a team once since the ladder began. if you're over 20 mins late to a game, you forfeit - this has never happened. hell, teams are subbing players in and out between games in the match - its like pro sports. the US scene is enormous, & ppl do play it professionally at the top.

anyway, up until sunday, our team was undefeated without even dropping a game (so 6-0), then we came up against the much feared Hex Troopers. This was tipped as the match of the year & it didnt disappoint - by far the best gaming experience ive ever had, this game. we were screaming on roger wilco and after the first round, i literally had the shakes. we went up 2-1 with some of the best offense ive seen us do & we had them on the ropes. HT seemed a bit shellshocked at our aggression initially, but as the sign of a good team, they crawled back into to take the match into a tiebreaker & then win the last round to make it 3-2. amazing stuff, and an amazing performance from them. there was much respect shared between the teams after the game.

its great having shoutcasters calling your game as well, caus you can download the cast afterwards and sync it up with your game recording - its like watching a footy game on tv. our team is really starting to lay some smackdown & are rated at about #4-5 consistantly in the weekly power rankings. the number one team is a cut above everyone else but from #2-6 its extremely competitive at the moment. the ladder is pretty strong all the way down, however, and some teams outside the top 10 are working their way up.

i played the jk2 demo and it was over in 15 mins, but was ok. dont think ill move to another mp game till eve & maybe doom 3 if the deathmatch is fun. rtcw is just too much fun at a competitive level.

fin.

Comment

*adds morrowind to games to buy list...*

damn reki that sounds like fun...

er uh... i'm playing d2....

I r lub choaocolate tehat are in my baed divorce the two wife is hard on bed tonight I bill aol which is 45$ and is hard for me. Plx plx halp me sombady i r chocalte and have divorxe mary 2 peple dat giv mariy me and kthxbi.

Comment

Reki, you guys really still play rtcw? if so, i'll be there shortly.

by the way, hi everyone.

Comment

My Summer

Well I'm gonna get this thread going again..........

As y'all know I spent the summer without internet (well broadband) and so I had to stop rtcw back in May. I was lovin it - like reki said competition play rocks - but after I lost my cable I just stopped playing.

I looked around for good single player games and I bought a bunch - most I didnt play more than once, until I fired up Morrowind. I agree with what you guys said already so I'm not going to rant on about it except to say it was the first and only RPG that has got my interest. Now I am starting to see how people get hooked on AC and Everquest, 'cept with MW the computer handles all the other characters and there's no monthly fee. I'm up to a level 58 warrior and I haven't done much of the main quest because I have been going around exploring every inch of the environment. After I discovered levitation and was able to get over some bigazzed mountains I discovered all kinds of fun locations and I reckon I'm not even half way through the plot. Its great value - like a whole fantasy life on a cd for $39.99.

More recently I have been playing Medieval Total War. Strategy Gaming has always been my thing more than FPS or RPG so I have been waiting impatiently for this release since I got tired of playing Shogun. For those of you who haven't seen the game its a hybrid game with a strategy campaign part that has a board that looks like Risk, and then a separate engine that fights individual battles with up to 10,000 troops in the field at a time. Basically you play the board game portion until you invade or are attacked then you go into battlefield mode and fight it out on 3D terrain with weather that is pretty realistic and adds a lot to the atmosphere. MTW is way more complicated than Shogun in terms of the single player campaign and visually a lot better. The online game only allows single battles though - no grand European Wars. I'm currently playing through a campaign on normal difficulty - looks like Im about 2 days from winning it unless some silliness happens and kills me when I have no heirs. I did start a game on expert initially since I can beat the comp on expert in Shogun in 25% of the allotted time - didnt even come close with MTW tho - the AI is a lot better. So now I gotta play this game until I beat the comp on expert, then I gotta play the other 9 factions and do the same thing. It will probably keep me amused on and off for a year.

I have been playing another strategy game called Europa Universalis 2 which is hard core strategy gaming. Its all on a board and has a whole world map with about 400 provinces/countries to conquer. The AI is fierce and it requires juggling economics, politics, military strategy, religion, exploration, trade and a whole slew of other factors that affect your progress. It is extremely accurate historically and is the best supported game I have ever seen - the developers all post on fan forums and have issued regular patches fixing everything that people found in the way of bugs and also added many improvements people suggested. Its visually not that exciting but the gameplay makes up for that. I think its the best historical strategy game I have played.

Anyway so now I just got my broadband back.... I'm probably just going to play a little bit of rtcw for fun and wait for eVe and HW2. I might try ORB if you guys all get into it. Hivemind has being doing beta and ranting about it. Anybody seen the beta and have any comments?
                        Shoot first - argue on the forums later

Comment

Working...
                        X