X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW HW LADDER :)

http://www.myleague.com/hwladder/

Due to the number of people that have recently asked me to start a ladder, I've finally given in to peer pressure, and set one up.

This ladder will have representatives from a lot of clans as administrators, so everyone is promised a fair trial if any game disputes happen.

The rules will be very similar to the rules of the current ladder, however people will be encouraged to play on whatever map they want too, as long as the map is considered fair (no fields of plaz please ;)).

I want this ladder to have players of all skills on it, as I feel the current ladder just has a few elite players and smurfs. I found playing the ladder VERY useful for my skill level in HW. I know I lost a lot of games at the beginning, but by persevering I managed to get to where I am now.

I think by starting a new ladder, and having it administrated by current HW players, and having ALL skill levels playing, it will encourage more people to play the game, and more people to get better, as after all, playing is fun, but winning gives the game that little extra.

I hope you all join up, and play games. I suggest 2 or 3 games a week, but feel free to play more. Get everyone you know playing, as the more people that play, the more fun it is.

At the moment there are lots of clan ladders and this fragments the Homeworld community. Hopefully, in the future this ladder will replace all of those clan ladders out there, after all, we're all part of the same game, and I think it's essential that we all start playing each other, so 2 vs 2 games are going to be especially encouraged.

I hope to have your support, and if you have any comments to make, feel free to email me at suas@hscweb.com.

Thx in advance.

http://www.myleague.com/hwladder/

SUAS

Comment

Why post this here suas? Its rather a slap in the face since 2 of our members are admins of the true and rightful ladder. Anyway.. whatever.

soul.

Comment

I'm just going to be honest and say I think the new ladder is going to get very gay(I don't think many poeple realize how hard the cases ladder admins work, it's not easy).

ps-If I remember someone already tried to make a new ladder and it turned gay and failed badly right off the bat.

=[

pps-Soul has a point...

Comment

well i dont think its such a bad idea, to be honest. if some of these guys are unhappy with decisions made by the current administration, then perhaps a different ladder for them is the way to go. cases ladder is pretty dead these days, and the current admins arent as enthused about homeworld as they used to be, so maybe a new ladder run by guys who are very active might generate some life into it.

if people dont like the way suas runs his ladder, then the other ladder is always there for them to play on. if ppl dont like the way the current ladder is run, then they can go play on suas'. maybe the admins have stronger views about it, but i dont really see why another homeworld ladder is unhealthy - every other game ive played has more than one.

also.. i think suas would be making more of a statement if he posted this everywhere EXCEPT here, dont ya think?

Comment

true - it seems suas hasn't cottoned onto the term 'target audience' yet. in fact pimping here is his target audience antithesis.

Comment

Okay next time I arrange something, or try to do something, I'll just leave you guys out
              Sorry if anyone would be interested, but I left this thread here for a day or so to see if anyone disagreed, and no one seems too.

Comment

I wonder what the likes of JoeTheSmoe, Fornax and yd would say about all this.

Comment

i agree with recce's point totally.

Do you want to know what the new ladder does??????
                  it ruins this:
                  http://www.myleague.com/homeworld/ha...&g=st&svr=cgi2
                  If someone on that list decides to come back to the game are they really gonna want to come back to a new ladder? Heh, No.
                  (sry, "ruin" is not the right word at all. What i mean is it puts those records away on a shelf. For the guys who worked hard to make those records, it was nice to sit back and watch people try to break them. Now you're trying to get everyone on to a new ladder that is a total twin of the old ladder except in the HOF)

If saus purely wanted to make the HW ladder more enjoyable he'd have increased the activity of ol' faithful (the current ladder).
                  Saus would have had less trouble getting people on the old ladder to play the new maps then he's gonna have starting the new one. Makes it quite obvious that it's for glorification of himself rather then to benefit us all. Benefitting us all would have been making the old ladder better and bringing it back to life.
                  Spliting the community in half ONLY hurts it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fail to see why a new ladder had to be created because saus thor and fotek refuse to play anything but "triple wall on subj".
                  I do not see why a new ladder had to be made... why couldn't people be encouraged to add a little variation into the old one.

I won't join new ladder because there are known cheaters on it. I trust molle, frisk, faxe and metho to weed out the cheaters.
                  [edit=cheaters are people who make accouts like "johno" and "glint81" so that they can report losses to themselves]

Spliting the community ONLY hurts it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say the best thing that could come of this whole situation is to combine the two ladders onto the old site. Give Ky-SAR and Doom a seat at the admin table and bring all those new ladder accounts and new ladder maps over to the old ladder and redefine the ladder.

Making the new ladder is actually the coward's way out if you look at it in a certain light. It would have taken months of hard, hard work to get the old ladder back into shape after it got destroyed by the Triple Wall/Subj guys. but it only took about 15 mins to set up the new ladder. heh, easy way out if not the coward's.

Isn't it funny that the triple wall/subj guys went and started a new ladder because they said they were tired of triple wall and subj ??? Makes ya wonder why they didn't just play another map, right?

Comment

i didn't previously see any problem with a new ladder i just didn't care too much about it. however Recce and Banshee have pointed out something very important. I agree with them entirely.

ps pink winz

Comment

okie, I agree with what banshee has said totaly. But......
                      Give Ky-SAR and Doom a seat at the admin table
                      now you saying that will proberly make suas less likely to a agree a merge of the ladders. What about giving suas a seat there too ?

but the rest I totaly agree with, and maybe a merge of the ladders would be a good idea.

Comment

Sorry Suas but I'm raising a strong opinion here. I don't understand what's wrong with the current ladder. Most of the players on the new ladder are noobs who couldn't get anywhere on the old ladder and I personally feel very strongly that they do not deserve any position on the old ladder until they have deserved it. The existing ladder admins (on the old ladder) paid for their positions in blood, not only playing for three years, but also earning respect by their attitude towards other players. Well.. maybe not Molle.. he's not nice. :P

What I'm saying is that ALL of the THOUSANDS of current and past HW players know the existing ladder admins and I personally trust them to protect their legacy, which includes the HOF.

So.. until Ky-SAR and Doom (whoever they are) get some more recognition in the community they won't get onto the old ladder. If you allow that we can just as well make JUST A BASTARD an admin.

So what's the solution. This new ladder shows that there's always been a need for a B-league HW ladder. In other words, a ladder where you don't get rapped by veterans even if you are new to HW. When you get better you can then move over to the more advanced ladder (the old ladder) for more recognition. Maybe the new ladder should be used for the B-league purposes.

Comment

C - League is more like it i think hehehehe. You guys notice how many Cheaters they got on that ladder?

Comment

recce: and what stops vets like Thor and others from simply owning the n00bs on the b-league ladder?

Comment

Public opinion of players will prevent rapists from bullying noobs on the B-League ladder. In other words, wouldn't you look kind of silly if you've occupied the #1 spot on B-League ladder for 6 months and not moved up to the A-league.

Comment

Working...
                              X