X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strafe Jumping

Well I finally figured it out from the boards and articles;

What is and how do I strafe jump?

A process that enables you to move at a faster-than-running pace. When you strafe jump you perform a continuous jumping cycle while running forward and strafing in alternate directions (or the same direction if you want to curve your jump)

How to do it:
    Firstly, lets get you into the habit of jumping continuously, because strafe jumping is a bit hard to attempt all at once. Perform the following on a level with nice long open spaces or corridors like Deva Station

Stage 1
    Run forward. At no time in this example do you let go of the run forward key. While running, Jump When your in the air, release the jump button and press-and-hold it again. When you land, you will jump back into the air instantly. Repeat the above until you are comfortable with doing it everywhere.

Stage 2
    Perform the exact cycle as above EXCEPT: When you jump in the air the first time, press and hold strafe left IN ADDITION to what you do already (holding forward and jump-cycling) After you land and skip back into the air, switch from holding strafe LEFT, to holding strafe RIGHT After you land and skip back into the air, switch from holding strafe RIGHT, to holding strafe LEFT for as long as you want/can travel

Note:
    Playing jackrabbit can leave you a target for rail whores because yur ability to change direction is limited. Also: You can do this backwards, simply by using the BACK key instead of the forward key

Maximizing jump distances

Add/Change these settings in your q3config.cfg
    /com_maxfps "125"
    /r_displayrefresh "125"

See also: http://www.planetquake.com/rtr/tutes...trafejump.html
    Last edited by ReapZ; 03-16-2002, 11:31.
    Shoot first - argue on the forums later

K i was messing around with letting go of jump and pres and holding it agian and my speed drop alot. Maybe i did ot wrong? but all i did was press jump - in air let go and press and hold jump again. I dunno. whats straf? isnt that <- -> .

Rule

Comment

energy

rules you are right

I think the drainage of the energy bar has something to do with it. While you have the jump key depressed it drains. I only touch it briefly when I land - not hold it down - there is no point in doing that cos you got what you want since you are already in the air. So try it with a brief bump on the space bar or whatever you use for jumps when you touch the ground but not holding it.
      Shoot first - argue on the forums later

Comment

Working...
      X