Basic SKillz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic SKillz.

Im posting this because I want everyone to use these tactics as they will improve US AS A TEAM.

FIrst and formost, how many u guys, lets say your on a pub server with 2 other Mv, how many times do you spawn and then look around and see others run avay or you look around and you see no other Mv around? I bet everyone has seen this about 5-10 times in a game. DONT lie because you guys do run avay.

Lets take beach for example. When you spawn in the forward bunker, you look behind you and no others are around, what do you do?

A: Run, who cares where just run
    B: Run, get the docs die 1 sec later
    C: Run alone thinking your god and you can win it all by urself
    D: Fucking wait in bunker (protect from axis from taking it) for your teamates to spawn then go after the objective AS A TEAM.

I dont want to hear your responces to this because D is the right answer.

SO no more will i see you guys alone UNLESS ur almost done the objective and your mates were shot.

In this case, lets take beach again for example. Since when we spawn we will wait for teamates if not already - you will be runing as a team. If you are attacked and lets say 3 were in group - 2 of ur teamates died - ur still alive what do you do?

A: Keep Going because your afarid of the boogie man
    B: Keep Going and get tripled teamed
    C: GO to ducts throw a gernade, kill no one - die 2 secs after stealing docs
    D: Tell you teamates where YOU ARE AND THAT UR WAITING FOR THEM HERE.

YES D is the right answer again. Why die when u can own?

Ok so now - our team not only waits and works are a group but we now regroup for attacks YAY this is how TEAMS play ok? NO more shit like planting dynamite on ur own when u have your team on the other side of map. If you are a engineer and u see ur team going away - U ARE GOING THE WRoNG WAY. YES ITS A ONE WAY STREET. IF you move TO GET HER then you will have more fun and own the shit out of everyone.

OK now lest go over Class SKILLZ - everyone has to know there role for a particuar class.

MEDIC - the most important of them all.
    When your in your group (since we know how to now) and one guy goes down what do you do?

A: Attack the person attacking your team
    B: Take a nap
    C: Watch your team kick there ass and say "WOOHOO"
    D: Fucking stop (even if your beening attacked) and revive that player

Yes D IS AGAIN THE RITE answer.
    I dont wanna see you attacking. Not till ur player is revived. Yes maybe you have a clear shot - then take it, but if you dont KILL HIM WITH THAT SHOT pull out the meedle revive the fallen comrad and then you have that extra player attacking - gg.

OK here another exmaple...
    You see your comrad fall - you also see 5 enemy in the way what do you do?
    A: Dive in head first - get killed - lose 2 ppl instead of one.
    B: Dive in feet first - get killed - lose 2 ppl instead of one
    C: Dive in ass first- get killed - lose 2 ppl instead of one
    D: Retreat and notify others of incoming enemy

DING DING DING D is rite again WOW
    Now i know what you are saying, this goes against what i said previously, NO NO - the first exmple your were in a pack - this exmple is one of ur teamates runs off tring to be hero - yes you can say "f off you killled ur self"

The important thing to pick up as a medic is that they win you games. If you kill ur self your losing the game. If you only have 2 players in ur pack - going against another 2 its Wise to go with the first example. Shot them with ur shots (not many) if you kill them WOHHOOO- but if you dont, revive and fast.

AS a medic your goal is to help others - DO NOT run ahead of ur pack NEVER. ITS A LAW YES IN my world it is. Let the engineer lead or the luit. Also DO EVERYthing you possible can to keep your teamates alive and HEALTHY - if your teamates have a redish bar and ur at full recharge with a mp40 in ur hand im going to TK YOU OK?

Learn to RUN and Throw Health
    Learn to JUMP and Throw Health
    Learn to RUN AND JUMP (same time) and Throw Health
    Learn to PULL our needle fast and IN TIME
    Learn to RUN and pull needle
    Learn to stab ppl with needle without stopping to move.
    Learn to Jump INTO your ded comrads and stab at same time
    Learn To RETREAT (if low on health) and give URself health (if you teamates got panzerd in front of you)
    Learn to PUT you teamates on our MOST PROIRITY LIST
    UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR ARE THE KEY TO WINNING. if you dont want that task DONT be a medic.

NEXT class

LUIT
    You ROLE IS TO PRovide AIR STIRKES and AMMMMOOOOOO.
    Only map and i MEAN ONLY MAP that I should see you using ur binuculars iS ASSAULT. i mean wtf do you need it for on base? You dont or how about Sub? WTF UR 95% indoors. Not even on destruction, not on beach, not on village, not on castle MMK? there is no point becuase on Assault you have to becaues YOU know for certain that is where they are headed.

How many do we need?
    1 may not cut it but if you have 2, lets say on assasult. One gives ammo (all of it, none to your self) the other using binuculars. yes that is the right way to do it. If your on a different map like base, WHO are your most important players?

A: YOU are
    B: Hmmm that guy over there
    C: well doh the engineer hes got the stick of dynamite
    D: THE MEDICS THAT have 1 (one) clip

Yes D wins again. GIVE AMMO to them if they get 1 clip each they are game. IF you give them 2 its ownages k. your engineers dont need them right away (they are second (to give) on ur list)
    So it goes like this...
    Give Ammo in this order

1.) Medic
    2.) Engineer
    3.) Yourself

If there is a soldat on ur team it means that player is either a sniper or panzer (maybe venom) nEVER go flamer Ill shoot you (honestly) flamers kill us more then your opponents from time to time.

Things to pick up...

Learn aiming your binuculars at the TOWER on ASSAULT and get this.. WHILE MOVING - YES ITS possible you might have to configure your keys a bit but if thats what it takes then DO IT.

NEVER USE binuculars on other maps. (default maps)

You will be OK with 2 clips - give rest

When your recharged and EVERY OTHER teamate has ammo give ur self 1 more - throw some just incase your teamates didnt get enuff.

And for gods sakes a thompson is far better then a mp40 or a sten. k?

Next class

Engineer
    Your ROLE IS TO win the game. clear the simple. No engineer, your teams sucks on 95% of the maps. What you MUST NOT DO is run off thinking your gonna win by ur self. A PATIENT engineer is far more ready than a non-patient one.
    You are like the point man - you run the show mostly. I think that your team - in FACT lets make that a rule - your engineers are your lead men - they give the commands for example..

On Base..
    Engineer player: Take down Tower 2
    Engineer player: I need 3 ppl low rest to high
    Engineer player: I need a airstrike from the team that goes low
    Engineer player: Lets go!
    Medic 1 : Affirmative
    Luit 1: Affirmative
    Medic 2 : Affirmative
    Medic 3 : Affirmative
    Luit 2: Affirmative
    Soldat 1: Affirmative

mmk? There might be more than one enigeer although - in this case - YOU MUST choice which one will call the shots - not going to have 2 engineers saying 2 different things to confuse everyone.

Planting smartly:
    Like we have seen on assault: planting on the side helps your team see the person disarming the dynamite - you can attack the player. WHy plant in the side the tower on base where we cant see them? Why not plant out side? it works. How about on castle why plant on a side that we dont come from like the back of it? why not plant in front so we have a clear shot at the players tring to disarming it? On beach its a matter of being smart and knowing when to plant. In this case you have to rely on ur teamates to provide support - GO to the thread that sayd Beach strats. The other maps like village - its so closed in that there is hardly a chance to hit ur target anyway. on sub is the same thing its WIDE open - where you plant, you can attack pretty clearly.

Defenfing your Stick:
    How many gernades to you have? yes you have more than 1 - so use them k? if you dely them about 17 seconds your gold.

Learn to Throw a gernade
    Learn to Hold a gernade then throw (timing issue)
    Learn to run and throw
    Learn to aim a throw

These thigns are basic - but are important. ALL THIS SHIT MUST come natural to you or ur ded.

Things to pick up

Your the engineer - if your tell ur team to f off, ur team blows

Tell your team clear things - make them understand WTF you mean. (we will be using in game text for POINT MEN and roger wilco or some voice chat for anything else)

Plant where you see the best spot. NONE of the "oo lets plant here them might not see the HUGE RED LIGHT"

Protect your shit. you can run avay if you want, but ill TK U. Use all ur gernades use ur knife if u have to if anything - keep in mind that your oppenent has to be nearly mostion less to disarm - knife hurts if you hadnt noticed (when hit directly)

2 engineers might be the best way to go. ONE AND ONLY ONE throws the shots. If you dont like being told what to do. then this isnt a game for you - go play Unreal Tourney shit.

Next class

Soilder
    Called newbies to some (non claners) i called them that once. I dont no more. Because hell, the guys who played today - we were getting owned on beach - i said fuck it - and got out a panzer took out 3 of the 4 axis - turned that whole game around rite there. I dont want anything used but a panzer or sniper - venom maybe on beach like reki does - but thats it. I WILL TK YOU, LAFF AND TAKE a screen shot of me owning you if you have a thompson / flamer/ sten/ or mp40 ok?

As a panzer you have to locate a group - taking out one person is useless because you have TEAMATES next to you with thompsons that can kill them. Use your gernades instead. As most of us saw on assault if your team plants on the SIDE of the tower - hell a panzer can fuck up that engineer tring to disarm that shit.
    AIm smart tho - u see 3 teamates 3 opponents what do you do?

A: fuckem all
    B: aim at the side and take out who ever is there
    C: Turn around and shoot the teamates that are spawning
    D: Bust out ur pistol and GO HELP.

FUCK if you kill 3 teamates to take out 3 opponets - ur not thinking smart. your thinking "look what i can do mom"
    SO YES D owns again.

AS a sniper - you have to have a steady hand - head shots would own. A smart sniper changes location VERY OFTEN.
    OK if you see a firefight going one with ur scope what do you DO?

A: Help out - even tho there is a chance of u missing and killing a teamate.
    B: unscope chuk a gernade and fuckem all
    C: drop ur weapon - becuase you just learn that dropping weapons is pissoble
    D: unscope - look around for others - if you cant find anyother check back with firefight and see if opponents are seperated for a clear and safe shot

Bling Bling baby D is taking the whole show tonite. Why the fuck would you put ut teamates in danger to ur fire - why not find that guy tring to sneek by.

Ok things to pick up - as a soilder - U ARE WORTH LESS to the team - you provide little cover and some support thats it - our strategy WILL NOT be based on you. You are the guy we send in first to panzer them all. Understand you ROLE - you are the person that dies the most - if you avoid it your not fullfiling your ROLE - im not saying die on purpose but your the one that takes the biggest risk to get us that adavantage - if its aiming at the ground with panzer to take out 4 opponets all around you then so be it. If its to give us info like (3 enemy here) and to take out some. its done and your the player taking one for the team. I know you all want to be speical but the biggest breaks in a game come from wierdest locations. What if you see 4+ opponets heading your way - you back away to regroup and look back and u see body parts everywhere - it wasnt santa clause that did it k? they can spring games wide open or mess up games. This is why you musT MUST be pateint as a panzer and sniper. If you think ahead of ur self you end up taking out teamates instead. If you a panzer and u hit fire - at the same time you see ur team come from no where - aim high aim low AIM AWAY FROM your team - if you die - better you then them.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Next thing to go over is class selection as a team. I really dont wanna see 6 medics and 1 eng - sure i think we would never die unless panzered but wtf after 2 mins of shooting we would be tring to rape ppl with knives. I also dont wanna see a team full of luits becuase they wont do shit but blow smoke in the air.

Im not gonna tell you which you should be, thats for you to decide, although i know most of you have a personal preference like reap is mosly a luit. and tox is a med. just try not to mix each other up - when we are in game - use voice chat to decide your classes. THE ENGINEERS WILL USE TEXT IN GAME FOR COMMANDS this way the engieer will not be messed up with other players and players wont mess up engieer commands.

Dont get mad that another person went luit and u wanted to go luit WE SHOULD ALL have a good understanding of what every class does and how to do it - this makes us great all around players.

How everyones eyes? hurt yet from reading this? Well read it many times - memorize it if you have to. I want everyone to understand that we play as a team we will win and lose as a team from now on. NO More "fuck if rules just didnt go that way" its going to be like this "damn what can we go better to win" or "we all played great just need to practice this tactic more".

This thread if meant to be a guide for you guys, becuase some of us like me, its our first FPS, getting out from a RTS like hw and changing is not easy. But hell i think we can do it - we owned at HW and we will own at RTCW. These things is just the start - we are like newbies - not because you cant aim ( i know you all have good aim) but becuase we never played ALOT of team play - sure we played 2v2 or 4v4 in HW but it was your indivdual skills that got you that extra asault frig or extra RU, not becuase you used your supports to support your teamates MS (becuase you cant). This is a whole new game type fror me. Its going to get fusterating as i has been already - but this is where we become elite.
    Last edited by LordRule; 03-12-2002, 19:56.

Okay, I can handle that. Its usually what I do anyway. But personally, I only take a soldier role if we're pinned down. For example, in the trench toast map, I have had problems with guys sitting in the high bunker and just toasting us with the machine gun. So I whip out a panzer and blow his ass to hell. Its dark in there (in the bunker) so he's hard to see w/o a scope and you gotta take him out fast. So, panzer. But thats almost the only situation I would use it in. I know you said never to use it against one guy, but sometimes the situation demands it.

I agree with pretty much all the stuff about Lts., Meds and Engs.

Comment

i agree with most of it and its a great post rules. just a couple of things i wanted to mention about LTs and engs.

As a long-term engineer, I can say with confidence that your eng shouldnt be your point man. The LT's are the ones who need to know the situation and the objective back to front and should be making the directional calls. Part of the vital skills of the eng is doing the sneak - knowing when to peel off from a fight to make a plant while everyone is distracted, knowing when to use your team mates as a diversion for your sneak and in many cases, avoiding the front line so you can make an objective assault. So many times I have been able to get a plant at 1 when I can see their whole defense has peeled off for support of our assault on radar 2. I just sneak off quickly, check around the corner at 1 to see if its protected and then get a plant while everyone is fighting away.

LT's are the most expendable unit. They should be the one who takes the panzer in the face as they round that corner, they should be the one who take as much of the heat as possible - if you're engs get taken down, you gotta do it all over again. obviously, sometimes medics cant revive - especially when you're playing a good team of finishers.

I think soldiers are a vital unit, particularly panzers. nothing adds spice to a good team like a good panzersoldier. one or two of you guys should skill up on this weapon, caus you're gonna need them once you've got the team core working well. the odd sniper works well for assault and beach & you also need at least one venomsoldier for castle and beach. rules is correct IMO - you can completely dismiss the flamer if nobody can be bothered getting good at it. Only spot its half decent is at choke points, but it really ties up three guys to make it work - LT to keep feeding them ammo & medic to heal, and then you end up with a static defense which is a sitting duck for panzers or anyone who takes a different route. many teams also view flamers at choke points as a very cheap tactic - i disagree but it is a bit old & predictable.

Comment

Door / Hall Way SKillz.

Ok me and tox were playing on depot and we ran into a couple problems. 1 was that is was liek 14v14 (too many heh) also the halls can get very crowded, i got stuck and so did he. So lets look at this im more dept...

Ok this first one is the worst way you can stand in a hall / door way.

Try to avoid this in any way possible.

Next one is better but not great.

This one is better but you have a right move key and a left move key ( we all hope ) heh.

ok now this one is better than the first one and is about the same as the second one.

again this one is good when ur running and walking.

This one althought is good for stationary positions.

This isnt a buge deal but if can mean getting panzered to hell or regrouping for a attack.

ps. dotn reaper look sexi in thos pics?
        Rule

Comment

heh great diagrams guys - but im not sure i quite follow what you're trying to say... (joking)

i was gonna say, crouching in corridoors aint a good thing - you're a sitting duck for grenades. mobility, safe distance from person in front, cover & staggering are the key IMO. stay on the opposite side of the wall to the person in front of you, who should also be along the wall. make sure you can see them but are not too close to them, when they encounter an enemy, it goes a bit like this:

Comment

Working...
          X