Set Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set Plays

I think as a starting point we need to maybe get some set plays organised in order to implement them quickly and efficiently. For any map we should have different tactics at different stages of the game and we should be able to adapt accordingly.

For example as axis on beach (used as an example only):
    a) a leut, med and engineer (maybe a venom as well) camp on the front bunker and hold off the allies. Each person knows to implement 'plan a'.......they need to limbo into the appropriate class and weapon.

When this fails switch to plan (using a voice notification to the other teammates):
    b) everyone falls back to the war room...again...each teammate knows their class and weapons.

etc etc etc......

If we have set plans it will be less likely that peeps will go off on their own or in pairs. Safe meeting places throughout the maps so all teammates congregate before making the final charge to the obejectives should also be pre determined.

What do u guys think ?

k good idea, i think on every map (defaults for now this includes: beach, base,depot,sub,assult and castle) the other maps village and trench are well village is gay and trench is just running around.

I think on every map we should have a point man (engineer) cuase on all these maps they require an engineer at some point) the point man would basically lead the way. Not like follow the leader but he would be the one that talks - others would listen.

Also we should not have to say "im a luit" at the begining of a game, write down ur classes that ud like to be on each map.

I personlly liek to be a medic on all maps, because i think i can do a good job. Right now we have 5 members - i think we should have 2 medics, 1 luit 2 eng. 2 engieers so that one thorws the dynamtie the other sets (much faster - as me and reap played with that last nite).

Im gonna make a mock up of how we should cover our engineers on the maps soon. This way we know where to go first off and what to cover.

Rule

Comment

Practise Practise Practise

"Right now we have 5 members - i think we should have 2 medics, 1 luit 2 eng. 2 engieers so that one thorws the dynamtie the other sets (much faster - as me and reap played with that last nite). " -LordRule

We need to be flexible enough that anyone member can play any position well (wouldn't you get bored playing leut on every single map and game).

Furthermore, each map will require different tactics and therefore will require more peeps of one class. Even within the same game requirements may change, so we need to be ultra flexible in positions.

Think about 1 leut having to supply 5 peeps with ammo. Each person needs 2 packs x 5 peeps =10 packs. Seeing as a leut can drop a max of 4 packs at one time someone is bound to be screaming for ammo and it will also leave the team without air strike capability for a while. While this may work on some maps.....it may not on others.

Bottom line is we gotta practise lots of things to see what the best balance will be.

Comment

k maybe we that wont be the set thing - although engineers dont need ammo they start with 2 clips - medics can take 2 ammos packs each the luit has 2 clips to start with.

I dont think its that boring playing 1 positiont tho , i switch alot because i dont trust the newbies im wif to disarm that dynmite or for them to help others. i think to start out we can have set positions and if one days we say - "let me be point man today" or "let me try medic today" we would say ok lets fool around as diff positions but not switch from map to map. Only change in irc before we actaully play. This is important because somtimes i know you guys dont look at the bottem text all the time - nor do i all the time.

Lets just start with a set posistions - if we say "danr this position sucks" or " im a better luit" then we would change accordingly on irc tho not in game. Thats where it will fail.

Rule

Comment

Working...
        X