Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the CLQ

What's your CLQ rank? Just search for your name @ the CLQ

My highest rank yet was 56... before I had to change my name because I joined my new clan

Right now I'm around 300... still working hard on it every day

Oh and BTW... don't use animated names... it'll screw up your rank.

That site only ranks u on frags or kills. It doesnt rank u by score.
    "Enemies can be your weapons or your shield. Simply show them which they are."-The Teachings of Zho

Comment

Nope... CLQ does rank your total score...

the CLQ is based on frags/kills, captures and other bonus points. (destoying stuff with dyna and stealing/retreiving objectives).

In a nutshell... the CLQ ranks your TOTAL score

Comment

Sites such as these with points ladders only breed point whores. It has little to do with overall skill since you dont know if the guy next to you has just created a password server and done base 50x's over to up his rank.

Also - point whores stoop to dastardly levels to get ahead. You know the sorta shit I mean... TK the objective carrier to get the points...etc

The only true indicator of overall skills come from team based ladder sites or tourneys. The rest of those 'ladders' are just fishing - not worth the bandwidth to check em out.

Comment

sorry max, but i also think its dumb. its got me ranked at 200 for a name i hardly ever used.

nothing to stop you and a mate hopping onto a server and rubbing yourselves backwards and forwards against flagpoles if points is what you're after. sure anyone could make it to number one doing this.

like metho said - ladders like these breed points whores, which isnt what the game is about. if you play on servers with 60 people on it, you might end up down near the bottom of your team, but still have more points than the guy who is up top of a server with 10 people on it.

all im saying is - anyone would be silly to "work" on their ranking. id be thinkin more about working on their teamskills.

Comment

Reki, Metho... you guys keep talking about point-whores.
            But let me tell you something...

Our clan leader (who plays under the name Housen) is currently ranked 5 on the CLQ. She (yes... she) is definitely NOT a point-whore. She is without a doubt one of the most skilled players I've ever seen (trust me... I've seen a lot). I've learned so much about RtCW from her.

[te]vasilli zaitsev is currently ranked 3rd... He plays at the same server I spend about 3 hours a day. The same goes for him... definitely NOT a point-whore. This guy is M4d cr4zY sk1ll3d I tell you.

Housen and vasil usually don't end up first, but because they play about 4-5 hours of RtCW a day they have been able to climb up.

Sure.. there are point-whores... there are like 2 in the top ten. But you can easily pick them out of the list since they have played about 600-800 min.... while the top-players have played more then 4000 minutes.

And Metho.. about the server thing... that isn't true because CLQ only keeps track of servers with a minimum of 10 players.

Conclusion... it does take a LOT of skillz to get into the CLQ top.

Comment

Whereas some of us don't care what our scores are.

Comment

sorry max.. still not with you.

the cql rating is based on a player's best score in 90 minutes. someone camping the war room on beach for 90 mins or someone grabbing destruction flags for 90 mins is obviously gonna do better than the hero eng who single handedly holds of ten guys from south radar on base.

i did a search for a number of players who are in the number one, two and three ranked teams in the world. none of them even made it into the top 1000.

give me a great team player over a "M4d cr4zY sk1ll3d" one anyday.

in fact, i really wish they would kill the entire points system altogether. there is nothing more disheartening than watching an eng disarming their team mates dynamite, or (as happened to me the other night) getting shot in the back when you're first to the flags on destruction.

what ive noticed in tourney games is that the scores become completely irrelevant... nobody even notices them, in fact. it all is entirely based on the team winning and completing objectives to get your team winning.

Comment

in fact, i really wish they would kill the entire points system altogether.
                  I agree with that...

A lot of people think about it this way... just read the forums at www.planetwolfenstein.com...
                  I think it would be better if you would only get points by fraggin'. But I guess this will never happen

Comment

reminds me of the cata ladder which wasn't a ladder at all and rank was based upon games won.

rank #1 could get owned skillwise by rank 5000.

Comment

I always remind myself off that people that are in top10 in these FPS Ladder are either incredible good or addicted to games. Meaning that if you want to be the best player in the world or one of them you properly have to give you Reallife. This also mean you are either broke or have a real good economy.

Comment

Working...
                      X