Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website Image Protection Script: Try and copy the image...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Image Protection Script: Try and copy the image...

I think there's nothing preventing anyone from using tweaked or modded browsers from getting any content they want....

The thing you're doing will have good value though. It's going to deter people not savvy enough from copying stuff, and I think that's what your clients want. $$$ for you is the primary objective anyway :P

You should probably watermark the images with something related to the user account that's currently logged on, if you can pull that off, that would be a great deterrent. Also, for it to work as a deterrent, every visitor should know that the images they see are watermarked with their username, and can be traced back to them if found somewhere else.

Unfortunately for your purposes, image cryptography seems to be stuck in a rut, with no one visibly moving the idea further: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_cryptography

In principle though, I'd prefer if people still treated everything in the internet as in the public domain. If you really wanted to protect the images, you'll make them available only via a windows/mac application that they need to install, and that application would block all forms of image copying in the host machine via system drivers, but that might piss off a lot of people and if it works and gets popular someone will eventually crack it

Even then, I could probably use a VMWare image to look at the pictures, and just do a screen print of the virtual machine from the host OS. I don't think there's any way you can prevent that

Geek mode off.
Working...
X